Includes Everything you Need to Make Delicious and Authentic Sushi Right From Home
Tuna and Sesame Seed Maki Rolls Recipe
These Tuna and Sesame Seed Maki Rolls are a delicious and healthy home-cooked sushi option. They're topped with creamy avocado slices and filled with canned tuna, creamy mayonnaise, and crunchy sesame seeds. These rolls are ideal for a light lunch or dinner, as well as a snack at any time.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Bring the rice and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and leave to cook for 18-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed.
- Whisk together the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the hot rice and mix thoroughly.
- Allow the rice to cool until it reaches room temperature.
- Combine the drained tuna, mayonnaise, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sesame seeds in a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Place a sheet of nori seaweed, shiny side down, on a sushi mat.
- Spread a thin layer of sushi rice over the nori with wet hands, leaving a 1-inch border along the top edge.
- Arrange a few avocado slices and a spoonful of tuna mixture across the rice, about 1 inch from the bottom edge.
- Roll up the nori tightly, tucking in the filling as you go, using the sushi mat as a guide.
- To seal the roll, lightly wet the top border.
- Rep with the rest of the nori sheets and filling.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each roll into 6-8 pieces.
- With wasabi paste, soy sauce, and pickled ginger, serve.
Sushi Recipe Book
The Sushi Cookbook
The Complete Sushi Cookbook
Sushi Making Kit
Salmon Sushi Recipe
Salmon and Tuna Sushi Rolls Recipe
California Sushi Roll with Green Onions Recipe
Salmon Avocado Sushi with Soy Sauce Recipe