Over 100 Classic Japanese Sushi Recipes, Shipped Right to Your Door
White Tuna and Salmon Nigiri Recipe
White Tuna and Salmon Nigiri is a traditional Japanese dish that is ideal for sushi fans. The delicate white tuna and the rich salmon will surely impress your guests. Sushi rice is seasoned with a sweet and tangy vinegar mixture that complements the fish perfectly.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Drain the sushi rice after rinsing it in a fine mesh strainer.
- Bring the rice and water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and leave to cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside for 10 minutes, covered.
- Over medium heat, combine the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan.
- Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Add the vinegar mixture to the rice in a large mixing bowl.
- To combine, gently stir everything together.
- Slice the white tuna and salmon into 1/4 inch thick slices with a sharp knife.
- Shape a small amount of sushi rice into a small oval shape.
- Top the rice with a small dab of wasabi.
- On top of the rice, place a slice of white tuna or salmon.
- Serve with extra wasabi and soy sauce.
Sushi Recipe Book
The Sushi Cookbook
The Complete Sushi Cookbook
Sushi Making Kit
Tuna and Crab Roll with Wasabi Tobiko Recipe
Eel and Tuna Cream Cheese Sushi Recipe
Tuna Sesame Roll Recipe
Crab, Cucumber, Shrimp Tempura and Avocado Roll Recipe