Create Perfect Triangle-Shaped Onigiri Rice Balls and Sushi with these Rice Molds
Eel and Tuna Cream Cheese Sushi Recipe
This decadent and delicious Eel and Tuna Cream Cheese Sushi is a decadent and delicious twist on traditional sushi. Softened cream cheese is spread over sushi rice, then topped with fresh tuna and cooked eel before being tightly rolled up and sliced into bite-sized pieces. For a flavorful and filling meal, serve with soy-wasabi sauce and pickled ginger.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Rinse the sushi rice with cold water until it is clear.
- Bring the rice and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce to a low heat, cover, and cook for 18-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the water has been absorbed.
- Whisk together the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir the vinegar mixture into the cooked rice in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Allow to cool until room temperature.
- Place a sheet of nori on a sushi mat or piece of plastic wrap, shiny side down.
- Spread 1/4 cup cooked rice evenly over nori, leaving a 1-inch border at the top edge.
- Cover the rice with a quarter of the cream cheese.
- Top the cream cheese with a quarter of the sliced tuna and eel.
- Roll the sushi tightly, using the mat or plastic wrap as a guide, and press the nori border to seal the roll.
- Continue with the rest of the nori, rice, cream cheese, tuna, and eel.
- Arrange each sushi roll on a platter in 6 pieces.
- Whisk together the soy sauce and wasabi paste in a small bowl.
- Sushi should be served with the soy-wasabi mixture and pickled ginger.
Sushi Boat Plates
Sushi At Home
Silicone Sushi Roller Kit With Cutters
Simple Sushi Cookbook
Cucumber Shrimp Sushi Roll Recipe
Crunchy Salmon Tempura Roll Recipe
Avocado, Crab and Seaweed Roll Recipe
Red Tuna Nigiri Sushi Recipe