Ideal for Serving Sashimi And Sushi Rolls
Sesame Eel Sushi with Ginger and Wasabi Recipe
The savory flavor of eel is combined with the tangy flavor of ginger and the spicy kick of wasabi in this delicious sushi roll.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Rinse the rice several times in a medium saucepan until the water runs clear.
- Bring 1 1/4 cups water to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to a low heat and continue to cook for 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the water has been absorbed.
- Warm the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat until the sugar and salt dissolve.
- Place aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cooked rice and the cooled vinegar mixture.
- Place a sheet of nori on a bamboo sushi mat, shiny side down.
- Spread about 1/2 cup rice evenly over the nori, leaving a 1-inch border on the top edge.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the rice and top with eel strips and grated ginger.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and soy sauce and drizzle over the eel.
- Roll the sushi tightly with the sushi mat, tucking in the filling as you go.
- Rep with the rest of the nori, rice, and filling.
- Each sushi roll should be cut into 8 pieces and served with wasabi paste.
Sushi Making Kit
Sushi Cookbook For Beginners
Complete At Home Sushi Kit
Beginners Guide to Sushi
Shrimp Avocado Sushi Roll Recipe
Tuna, Cucumber and Cream Cheese Sushi Roll Recipe
Shrimp and Rice Sushi Recipe
Cucumber Avocado Roll Recipe