Make Sushi at Home Fun and Easy with this 20-In-1 Sushi Rolling Kit
California Maki Roll Recipe
A popular sushi roll that originated in California is the California Maki Roll. Crabmeat, avocado, and cucumber are used to make this sushi roll. This dish also has a spicy mayonnaise sauce and is topped with toasted sesame seeds.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- In a strainer, rinse the sushi rice and place it in a saucepan with water.
- Bring the rice to a boil, then reduce to a low heat and cover.
- Simmer for 20 minutes before removing from heat and allowing to stand for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine rice vinegar, sugar, and salt and heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Allow the vinegar mixture to cool before folding it into the cooked rice.
- Place a seaweed sheet on a bamboo mat.
- Cover the seaweed with a layer of rice, leaving a 1-inch border at the top.
- Make a line down the center of the rice with avocado, cucumber, and crabmeat.
- Spread the mayonnaise and sriracha sauce mixture over the top of the filling.
- Sesame seeds can be sprinkled on top.
- Using the bamboo mat, roll the sushi tightly, moistening the border with water to seal the roll.
- Serve the roll cut into 8 pieces.
The Sushi Cookbook
The Complete Sushi Cookbook
Sushi Making Kit
Sushi Cookbook For Beginners
Salmon and Tuna Sushi Rolls Recipe
California Sushi Roll with Green Onions Recipe
Salmon Avocado Sushi with Soy Sauce Recipe
Homemade California Roll Recipe