A Variety Of Sushi Recipes To Try At Home, Shipped Right to Your Door
Shiitake Maki Roll with Sesame Seeds Recipe
This Shiitake Maki Roll with Sesame Seeds is a delectable vegan sushi roll that is simple to prepare at home. The marinated shiitake mushrooms add a rich umami flavor that complements the nuttiness of the sesame seeds perfectly. For the full sushi experience, serve with wasabi paste and pickled ginger.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Mix the soy sauce, sugar, and mirin in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Allow the sliced shiitake mushrooms to marinate in the bowl for 10 minutes.
- Place a nori seaweed sheet on a bamboo sushi mat.
- Wet your hands and evenly distribute 1/3 of the sushi rice over the nori, leaving a 1-inch border on the top edge.
- Arrange 2-3 marinated shiitake mushroom slices in a row down the center of the rice.
- Sesame seeds can be sprinkled on top of the mushrooms.
- Lift the nearest edge of the mat and tightly roll it away from you, pressing the filling into the roll with your fingers.
- Rep with the rest of the nori, rice, and filling.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each roll into 6-8 pieces.
- With wasabi paste and pickled ginger, serve.
20 In 1 Sushi Making Kit With Sushi Bazooka Roller
The Complete Guide To Sushi And Sashimi
Sushi Making Kit With Sushi Molds
Sushi Made Simple
Red Snapper, Salmon and White Tuna Nigiri Sushi Recipe
White Tuna and Salmon Nigiri Recipe
Spider Roll with Soft Shell Crab, Avocado and Salmon Recipe
Ikura Salmon Sushi Recipe