Make Sushi at Home Fun and Easy with this 20-In-1 Sushi Rolling Kit
Alaskan Roll with Salmon and Avocado Recipe
This Alaskan Roll is a delicious and simple sushi roll with smoked salmon and avocado. The creamy sriracha mayo gives the roll a spicy kick, while the sushi rice and nori add a satisfying crunch. This recipe is ideal for a home sushi night.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- In a fine mesh strainer, rinse the sushi rice until the water runs clear.
- Bring the rice and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and leave to cook for 20 minutes.
- Allow the saucepan to cool for 10 minutes after turning off the heat.
- Combine the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan over low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir the vinegar mixture into the cooked rice in a large mixing bowl.
- Allow the rice to come to room temperature.
- Place a sheet of nori, shiny side down, on a sushi mat.
- Wet your hands and spread a thin layer of rice evenly over the nori, leaving a 1-inch border at the top edge.
- Arrange a quarter of the smoked salmon and avocado slices across the center of the rice.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sriracha, and soy sauce, and drizzle over the salmon and avocado.
- Roll the nori tightly around the filling, pressing gently to shape the roll, using the sushi mat.
- Rep with the rest of the nori sheets and filling.
- Serve each roll cut into 8 pieces.
The Complete Guide To Sushi And Sashimi
Sushi Making Kit With Sushi Molds
Sushi Made Simple
Sushi Boat Plates
Tuna and Sesame Seed Maki Rolls Recipe
California Maki Roll Recipe
Tuna and Soft Shell Crab Maki Rolls Recipe
Tuna, Avocado and Kiwi Sushi Roll Recipe